The Saskatoon Police Service and the Office of the Chief Coroner are investigating the deaths of two Saskatoon residents, who are believed to have died accidentally of carbon monoxide poisoning.
At approximately 10p.m. on Friday evening, Police and Fire and Protective Services were called to a home in the 1000 block of Avenue M.S. after family members had attended there to check on the welfare of the residents.
An eighteen year old woman and a forty two year old male were found deceased inside. A dog and a cat were also found to have died in the home.
Power to the home had recently been cut off and, the residents were using a gas powered generator, which was located in the basement as a source for electricity.
Autopsies have been scheduled for Monday October 24, 2011.