The men and women of the Saskatoon Police Service, both sworn and civilian, have worked in earnest to deliver quality service. Their professionalism and dedication has not gone unnoticed.
External indicators confirm we are continuing in the right direction:
• Satisfaction with the Police 92% (Insightrix Community Satisfaction Survey);
• Satisfaction from the new Canadian/immigrant respondents 93% (Insightrix);
• Satisfaction from the Aboriginal respondents 89% (Insightrix);
• Lowest crime rate in the past decade (Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics).
Internal indicators confirm we have a highly engaged workforce:
• 93% of police officers state we have high morale (Management/Association Morale Survey);
• 95% of police officers enjoy their work (Management/Association Morale Survey);
• 95% of police officers have good job satisfaction (Management/Association Morale Survey).
Construction of our new police headquarters is progressing well. The project is on budget and on time. We expect to be moving in late fall of this year.
Operationally we will focus heavily on the continued reduction of street crime such as robbery, theft from vehicles, assaults, and mischief. Our “CompStat” (Computer Aided Statistics and Crime Analysis) has proven to be a cornerstone to identifying emerging trends and reducing crime.
Thank you for visiting our website. We encourage interaction from the public we serve.
– Chief Weighill